Tuesday 16 August 2016

Life is like a rollercoaster

Life has been up and down ever since I was born on this planet called earth. The saying "life is like a rollercoster" is true because my life has been like a rollercoster ever since I was born. Life have been a little unfair to me ranging from family, school, friends and even strangers. 

Mum and dad have been very supportive of us, when I say “us” I mean my siblings and I. Life became a little difficult when dad lost his job as a lab technician and ended up in the laundry. Life became very pitiful and we lived on hand to mouth but thanks be to God mum was working and supported in a way I remember I was in Junior high school (JHS 1) by then so I remember everything vividly.

I remember one day I went to visit my dad at his workplace and I couldn’t go with my friends because they will ask me a lot of questions. When I got there, I nearly cried because I couldn’t believe my eyes my dad washing clothes of people and I nearly cried because it was pitiful but I had to pretend all is well. Lest I forget my dad has always been, will always and is the best dad in the whole wide world because even in that state he still tried his best to give us all we needed.

Let me reminisce a little, we lived in a small town called Akwatia in the Eastern Region of Ghana and Akwatia was the diamond city I am saying was because now the diamond is scarce or let me say it is finished. We lived in my father’s family house with my cousins and a few tenants. 

Things were so right until one day there was a little misunderstanding between my mum and a tenant but unfortunately the tenant had support from my cousins and they disrespected my mum but I remember there is a saying that goes like “family is everything” but unfortunately I didn’t see with that with my cousins at least if u do not support my mum pretend in front of the stranger and reprimand her later but I think everything happens for a reason.

We had no peace in that house after all these things happened so my family had to move from the family house to rent a small apartment at ‘SADAMS’. Life at sadams was so good because most of my friends lived there, going to school was easy because it wasn’t far from home and one interesting thing too was I made a lot of new friends. I remember I used to have a bicycle that I used to take everywhere I went I loved riding bicycle but it’s been long since I rod one I hope I can now.

Years after moving to sadams we had a great news, my dad had a prominent job in Kumasi. My dad used to move from Akwatia to Kumasi and come on weekends but after 2years we all moved to Kumasi. I must confess life Kumasi has, have and still better because my dad’s job is a big deal, he receives good salary more than he was in Akwatia and keeps getting promotions upon promotions. Even though sometimes life becomes rough we still push through every time thanks to God.
 Always remember "if life gives you lemon make lemonades"

Posted by: Ewuradwoa Mensah


Read and share..more stories to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment